If you’re a 4th or 5th grader who likes making movies then join Film Kids, an after-school club that meets on Wednesdays from 3:00 to 4:45 and starts on January 24th. We pitch, plan, film and act in original movies that show in a film festival at the end of each semester. Snacks and equipment are provided and everyone gets a DVD of their work. Call 512-567-0778, check out the attached flyer or e-mail Brian Cox at email@example.com for questions and registration (17 weeks, $410 – payment plans available). Go to www.filmkids.org to see us in action!
Young Rembrandts is now enrolling for its afterschool drawing classes. This session’s ALL-NEW lessons will include a colorful pop art dog, a unicorn, an art history lesson on Mikalene Thomas and more. See flyer for more info or to register, please visit www.youngrembrandts.com/austinwest/view-classes-enroll.
Dear Zilker parents:
Clayton Stromberger, former Zilker parent and director of UT’s Shakespeare at Winedale Outreach program for youth (www.shakespeare-winedale.org), is once again offering his afterschool class for students who want to “brush up their Shakespeare.” This class is for students in grades 3-5 who seek a challenge and enjoy working as an ensemble. Our 10-week session will culminate in a final performance for family and friends. No acting or Shakespeare experience required.
NOTE: This class needs at least 10 students to “make” – so if you are interested in this class, please email Clayton at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will see if we can make this class happen!
Classes would begin Monday, Jan. 8 and end Monday, April 2.
Time: 3:05 — 4 p.m., Mondays
Place: Zilker Music Room (we hope, this is where we met in the fall)
Tuition: $150 for 10 classes total; scholarship monies may be available from the PTA for low-income families (we have been able to do this in the past, if we fill out the proper forms – inquire if needed).
To sign up: Contact Clayton Stromberger at email@example.com to sign up on a first-come, first-served basis. The class is limited to 15 students.
After Black Friday comes Giving Tuesday, the national day where people across the nation give back to the causes and organizations they care most about. We would ask, that you give our wonderful school, Zilker consideration on that special day. After all, if our children deserve it and our community expects it why wouldn’t we work together to continue making Zilker a great placed for kids!
Plus every dollar you donate will be matched up to $5,000, thanks to the generosity of Vincent & Lindsey Ip, Zilker parents and owners of SMILE 360. So please make a donation this Tuesday!
Give to the “Make Zilker Great” Fund: http://zilkerelem.org/product/zilker-fund/
Due to high demand, we are extending the sale of our Zilker Superman T-shirts for two more weeks! Order yours on the school website by the end of the Thanksgiving Break and it will be delivered to your child’s class! Click below to order:
Congrats to the Zamboree raffle winners! Here they are:
– Monica Sapirstein wins the Alamo Drafthouse package
– Sara Partridge wins the Kids’ Photo Booth party package
– Christine Winston wins 1 month of free classes from BAM Academy
– Clee Upchurch wins 1 month of free classes from BAM Academy
– Vanessa Puig-Williams wins 1 month of free classes from BAM Academy
– Eimillie Salvagio wins the Kendra Scott Rayne necklace
– Brian Lindauer wins a 45-min junior lesson from The Golf School
– Angie Oberman wins the 2-hr group party for 15 from The Golf School
– Sarai Salazar wins the Blazer Tag package
We will deliver your prizes to your child’s classroom.
Hooray, it’s finally here! Our kids’ favorite event, Zamboree is this Saturday, October 28th. Here are all the details:
- Zamboree is October 28, 12-3pm
- Wristbands ($20), T-shirts ($15-$20) and raffle tickets ($5/each or 5 for $20) are on sale Monday on Zilker website or through PTA Wed 10/25 – Fri 10/27 7:20am -8:00am in front lobby. Cash/debit/credit accepted
- Donate a baked good for Zamboree’s Cake Walk. Bring to the teacher’s lounge Friday or to the cafeteria Saturday during Zamboree
- Raffle prizes include: Alamo Drafthouse, Photo Booth Party, BAM Academy, Kendra Scott, Golf Lessons and Blazer Tag
- Looking for volunteers still. We need someone as a PTA runner 1pm-2pm in addition to booth/set up/clean up slots. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Sticky Fingers Cooking at Zilker Elementary!
Mondays, 3:00-4:00pm, 6 classes beginning Nov. 6, ending Dec. 18 (no class 11/20)
Let your child release their inner chef! Students will prepare and eat healthy global inspired recipes all while learning to cook in a fun, engaging and real world way! Our chefs will teach kitchen skills associated with our weekly recipes, along with cooking terminology, new foods, and fun nutrition facts. We will practice measurements, use a wide array of cooking utensils, while always preparing the freshest ingredients! Full recipes will be created each class with our AWESOME master chef Sticky Fingers Cooking instructors. Our on-line recipe collection is included as well for each chef for future family cooking fun!