Due to high demand, we are extending the sale of our Zilker Superman T-shirts for two more weeks! Order yours on the school website by the end of the Thanksgiving Break and it will be delivered to your child’s class! Click below to order:
Congrats to the Zamboree raffle winners! Here they are:
– Monica Sapirstein wins the Alamo Drafthouse package
– Sara Partridge wins the Kids’ Photo Booth party package
– Christine Winston wins 1 month of free classes from BAM Academy
– Clee Upchurch wins 1 month of free classes from BAM Academy
– Vanessa Puig-Williams wins 1 month of free classes from BAM Academy
– Eimillie Salvagio wins the Kendra Scott Rayne necklace
– Brian Lindauer wins a 45-min junior lesson from The Golf School
– Angie Oberman wins the 2-hr group party for 15 from The Golf School
– Sarai Salazar wins the Blazer Tag package
We will deliver your prizes to your child’s classroom.
Hooray, it’s finally here! Our kids’ favorite event, Zamboree is this Saturday, October 28th. Here are all the details:
- Zamboree is October 28, 12-3pm
- Wristbands ($20), T-shirts ($15-$20) and raffle tickets ($5/each or 5 for $20) are on sale Monday on Zilker website or through PTA Wed 10/25 – Fri 10/27 7:20am -8:00am in front lobby. Cash/debit/credit accepted
- Donate a baked good for Zamboree’s Cake Walk. Bring to the teacher’s lounge Friday or to the cafeteria Saturday during Zamboree
- Raffle prizes include: Alamo Drafthouse, Photo Booth Party, BAM Academy, Kendra Scott, Golf Lessons and Blazer Tag
- Looking for volunteers still. We need someone as a PTA runner 1pm-2pm in addition to booth/set up/clean up slots. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Sticky Fingers Cooking at Zilker Elementary!
Mondays, 3:00-4:00pm, 6 classes beginning Nov. 6, ending Dec. 18 (no class 11/20)
Let your child release their inner chef! Students will prepare and eat healthy global inspired recipes all while learning to cook in a fun, engaging and real world way! Our chefs will teach kitchen skills associated with our weekly recipes, along with cooking terminology, new foods, and fun nutrition facts. We will practice measurements, use a wide array of cooking utensils, while always preparing the freshest ingredients! Full recipes will be created each class with our AWESOME master chef Sticky Fingers Cooking instructors. Our on-line recipe collection is included as well for each chef for future family cooking fun!
New robots for session II and introducing pneumatics robots (air powered robots)
American Robotics Academy aims to excite, inspire and motivate children about the importance of robotics technology. Our hands-on classes offer an introduction to the fundamentals of engineering design, helping children understand “how things work.” Held in a friendly, sports-like atmosphere, students work in age-appropriate teams and learn how to design, build and test remote-controlled miniature robots. We use simple, motorized machines – all made from LEGO® bricks! – to demonstrate mechanical movements and other effects.
Zamboree is coming up on Saturday, Oct. 28th! If you haven’t volunteered to help out, please do – this is one of our most popular events and we need all hands on deck! As well, for those of you who are helping setup the booths……we are running a booth decorating contest. Each grade has been assigned to decorate a different booth. The winning class gets popcorn and a movie afternoon with Cash the Counseling Dog! Watch for more details from your room parents.
May the best booth win! 🙂
We are so thankful for the huge Zilker community turn out for ZFiesta! It really made for a special evening! We also want to thank our Zilker neighboring businesses who helped make our event possible. Remedy Urgent Care handed out travel size hand sanitizer, Mr. Natural offered delicious agua frescas, Sazon served yummy food and Flavorlicious provided the sugar high with shaved ice. The wonderful entertainment came from Go Dance- Westgate location, St. Edward’s Ballet Folkloric and, of course, Ms. Hallmark and Ms. Irizarry with bilingual story time. Thank you to Zilker’s amazing administration and staff for graciously helping with set up and clean up too! We are already looking forward to next year!
Our friends over at Barton Hills Elementary have invited us to a presentation Tuesday night! Here is their message:
We are very excited to present Kirsten Nottleson and her presentation “Nurturing Boys”. Mrs. Nottleson will present on Tuesday, October 17th at 6pm.
Kirsten Nottleson, a parent of 18 and 12-year-old Barton Hills alumni boys, has been working as a parent educator, supporting families since 1993. Her mission is to help parents understand their children better and add playfulness to their family life in order to parent more consciously and effectively. She loves teaching all kinds of workshops, especially ones that involve Play, Pillow Fights, and Wrestling. See more at HandinHandWorkshops.com
During this insightful class and Q & A, Kirsten will…
- Paint a picture of the society our boys are being raised in and the pressure they feel to live within a restrictive and often harsh “boy code.”
- How this pressure directly impacts their emotions and behavior sometimes causing them to be aggressive, have unpredictable outbursts, and not be able to “perform” well at school and at home.
- Provide game-changing tools that you can use to help your boys ability to have better relationships with friends and family, pay attention, cooperate, and resolve conflicts.
Please RSVP to the event through this link:
Our amazing PTA Board is even proving childcare so that more families may attend! Just sign your child in the night of the event. Childcare can only accommodate school-age children. Younger (quiet) children may accompany their parents to the presentation. We suggest tipping the childcare providers $5 per child.
Any questions? Please email Brigette Osborne at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you there!