Join us for a FREE educational event which reinforces your student’s
science skills like classification, observation, and inference. An event
with hands-on activities. An event with real, live bugs!!
Insect Expo in Austin on April 10th !!
The Southwestern Branch Entomological Society of America
(http://entsoc.org/southwestern/swb-insect-expo) present this free,
activity-oriented learning experience for third – fifth graders. Students
will be given opportunities to interact with professional entomologists as
they participate in a wide variety of educational stations designed to
educate about the most numerous, widespread, and diverse group of organisms on earth: Insects!
• Experience interactive exhibits and demonstrations
• See and touch the live insect petting zoo
• Find out what adaptations have allowed insects to be so successful
• Learn how the vast majority of insects are beneficial
• Discover how each insect has its special place in the ecosystem
• Explore how insects and their relatives impact the lives of humans
• Taste honey and learn about bees
• Study insect life cycles
• And so much more!
No charge for admission! This event is free!
This event will be held Monday, April 10th, 2017 at the Wyndham Garden Hotel
in Austin. Participation is limited to 800 students; reservations are made
on a first-come-first-served basis by email. Please register with the
coordinator Andrine Shufran, Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service, at
firstname.lastname@example.org. (Include School Name, Contact Name, Contact email and phone number of students. Please choose either the 9am or the 11am arrival time. )