Dear Families and Staff,
Together, in partnership with The Grove church, Zilker Elementary will have A Season of Giving bulletin board displayed next to the office. This bulletin board will help families in the community that are in need of assistance during the holiday season.
There are still requests that have not been filled. If you can help a Zilker family, please stop by the bulletin board, gifts are due this Friday 12/12.
Here’s how it works:
1. If you would like to participate in the Season of Giving, take a winter shape (star, tree, gingerbread) off of the bulletin board. The Season of Giving bulletin board is located to the right of the main office.
2. Each shape on the bulletin board represents one wish list item, or one gift for a child or adult. The star will have the family number, age, gender, and item.
3. If you would like to purchase 1 gift for a child, take 1 shape. 3 gifts? Take 3 shapes… etc.
4. Once you take the shape(s) off the board, write your name on the clipboard next to the corresponding shape number(s).
5. Then, buy and wrap the purchased item(s) and secure the winter shape on the outside of the wrapped item.
6. Bring the wrapped gifts to Mrs. Vreeland’s room by Friday, Dec. 12th.
7. If you have any questions or if you would like a shape to be sent home with your child because you can’t make it to Zilker, please do not hesitate to contact Elizabeth Vreeland, the school counselor.
Thank you so much for helping children in the community!