Hello Zilker Families,
Thank you all for a great first week of school! What a pleasure it is to see our students excited, engaged, and proud to be Zilker Panthers! We are well aware that your support and good humor is vital to the success and charm of our school community. We appreciate all you do and look forward to partnering with you this year and in years to come.
There’s plenty in the works at Zilker right now, so please be sure and check our website regularly. In the meantime, here is information about a few upcoming events:
Coach Cohn is on a mission to keep Zilker…a healthy place for kids (and teachers). In an effort to encourage regular exercise and overall wellness, we are designating each Wednesday as Wellness Wednesday. Our teachers will be encouraged to wear exercise clothes on Wednesdays and join their students in a walk around the track or any other physical activity, time permitting.
We invite you to join us in this initiative! Encourage your child to wear exercise clothes and tennis shoes on Wednesdays. Better yet, designate Wednesdays as your walking or biking to school day! Don’t live close enough to Zilker to walk? No problem, park your car nearby and walk from there. Not only will you start your day off in a healthy way; you also will avoid the morning drop-off traffic!
Remember, the more our students see us modeling wellness and exercise, the more likely they are to follow in our footsteps!
• Every Friday is Spirit Day! – Show your Panther pride by wearing your Zilker shirt!
• Parent Principal Coffee September 1, 7:45-8:30 – Join us in the library to hear more about what is happening at Zilker and in AISD
• Back to School Night – Back to school night is an evening dedicated to providing parents with classroom and grade-level information related to their children’s education. Teachers will review this year’s goals and the structure of their classroom. Join us at Back to school night to learn more about your student’s day, as you visit their classes and teachers!
◦ Kindergarten-2nd-Thursday, September 7 from 6:00-7:30
◦ 3rd -5th grade-Thursday, September 14 form 6:00-7:30