In recent years, the Sustainability Committee at Zilker Elementary has established an excellent foundation in creating a vibrant sustainable community.
PTA Sustainability Committee
The Committee’s mission is to serve as a resource and advocate for sustainability.
We need your help! If you are interested in helping and/or being a part of this committee, please contact Sustainability Committee Chairperson, Amy Constant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Health and Wellness (such as ZHealthy Fair, Bike/Walk campaigns, STAAR Yoga)
- School Grounds (landscaping, rain tanks)
- Environmental Practices (reuse, recycle, reduce)
- Jabo’s Garden (An organic, edible garden that is integrated into the school’s culture, curriculum and food program. Sponsored in part by Odd Duck.)
- Flower/plant bed maintenance
- Rain tank maintenance
- Recycling at events
- Edible garden maintenance
- Spring grounds workdays
- Volunteers for ZHealthy Night
We Strive To:
- promote environmental responsibility and healthy living with the school community
- encourage practices with sustainable living
- challenge students, staff, and the community to consider their ecological impact and ways to have a positive impact on the environment and healthy living
- give students a place to learn about and experience the connections between their actions, their health, their community, they environment and their food.